- Different shapes.
- Shapes into categories based on their attributes.
We come across different shapes around us in day-to-day life. So, let us observe the below figure and recall the shapes:
Name the different shapes in the picture given below.
Identify the different shapes and count them.
- Number of circles: 4
- Number of triangles: 5
- Number of squares: 3
- Total number of shapes: 12
Triangle & Its Attributes
A triangle has 3 sides and 3 vertices.
Some more different types of triangles are given below:
These are the shapes which are not triangles.
Quadrilateral & Its Attributes
A quadrilateral has 4 sides and 4 vertices.
Some more different types of quadrilaterals are given below:
These are the shapes which are not quadrilaterals.
Pentagon, Hexagon & Their Attributes
Pentagon & its Attributes
- It has 5 sides.
- It has 5 vertices.
Hexagon & Its Attributes
- It has 6 sides.
- It has 6 vertices.
Not pentagons and not hexagons:
Below are the shapes which are not pentagons and hexagons.
- Name all the shapes used in the picture.
- Observe the picture and find the number of circles, triangles, quadrilaterals, and pentagons.
- Find the total number of triangles in the picture.
- Name each shape. Find the number of sides and vertices.
- Identify the shape which is not a hexagon
- Connect all the dots to make shapes that have vertices. Name the shapes that you make.
What we have learned
- Recognizing different shapes.
- Sorting shapes into categories of triangle, quadrilateral, pentagon, and hexagon based on their attributes